+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yeet hay?

oxi
    Banana

Yeet hay?

can anybody explain what 'yeet hay' and 'leung' is exactly? i get that fried foods are 'yeet hay' but is there an explanation as to what it is?

thx!!

Super FOB
    lol my parents always say it too. its like supposedly some foods are very hot, so it gives you those white blisters in your mouth, eating a 'lerng' food, like cucumber, is good to counter it.
    Stephy tang and Linda Chung <3

Foblet
    my mom says yeet hay is basically fast food and food that is fried or full of may jing. I interpret it as unhealthy food. and leung is like green tea and fruit and vegetables

<(^o^)>
    Heres something I found about the so called "Yeet Hay"

何為熱氣<上火>?

熱氣的真正原因

兩廣人有種“熱氣”的說法, 認為
    凡是吃點熱性食物(如燒烤、油炸、葡萄酒、芒果、荔枝、龍眼...)後,

出現口腔潰瘍、咽喉腫痛、臉上痤瘡等,都是熱氣的表現。

因此人人都認為自己陽氣太多了,要清熱。

這種說法好象已經有數百年至上千年的歷史了。
    看龜苓膏的歷史,也就....

More from checking source
    Sourced from [Here]

But we will need a good translator to do the job
    Please use the Button if my posts are useful

Foblet
    cool

my other 2 cents is in chinese medicine it talks about the body being in balance
    yeet hey is when its out of balance and need leung stuff to put it right

Banana
    from what i understand yeet hay is pretty much you eat too much junk food, intoxicating your body which can make you feel sluggish and fat haha..but you know been too "leung" is also bad because you will have less blood flow and feel dizzy also and can result in fainting..so yep gotta balance it just right and drink more water especially!

also does anyone know the term to explain this condition in english? its been bugging me for a long time!

Xib
    Fobabee
    Food that will cause yeet hay are grilled and fried food that is still hot when eaten.
    A pizza for example will is more unhealthy when its freshly out of the oven steaming hot, the heat of the food and the combination of burned ingredients will cause your body to absorb fat and unhealthy toxic.

Our bodies are not made for eating hot food after all. We learn to eat it but it wasn't design to eat stuff that is cooked and hot. It increases blood flow and pressure when we do and causes damage. Warm food on the other hand is more healthy, so always let your food cool down just a bit before eating.

At least thats what I can remember from a chinese herbalist from HK.

Banana
    Only asians believe that eating all that friend stuff makes you yeet hay (hot temper according to some). But there is no such thing for english people.

Banana
    is there a way to translate yeet hay in english?

Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by ipwncarmen View Post
    is there a way to translate yeet hay in english?
    yup. "Yeet Hay" = "Eat Hay"

Fobabee
    coconut drink helps yeet hay......instantly

Fobabee
    ^coconut drinks such as?

Fobabee
    well,original coconut drink i guess,preferably not from can drinks if available

Almost Fobulous
    Yeet Hay to my knowledge is when your body is heating up due to the amount of junk food you consume. your face gets oily and you start to get spots more often. and to cool down, you need to drink Chrysantheum tea which helps.

Fobabee
    Chrysanthemum tea does help,but if you're too heaty it won't even those medicine tea for cooling,for my experience ,coconut drink is the best though and very fast effect

Original V I P
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeeoz View Post
    yup. "Yeet Hay" = "Eat Hay"
    hahah
    Did you enjoy my post as much as it enjoyed you? Please hit the 'Thanks' button and it will call you in the morning...

Foblet
    "Yeet Hay" is when you have stressed you liver from eating too much certain types of foods. You can get "Yeet hay" not just from eating junk food like pizza or burgers as mentioned in this thread. You can get it from eating too much meat, eggs, Durian, lychees...so it not just junk food. "Leung Cha" is actually a liver tonic to cleanse your liver of this excess. People might think if I have a "leung cha" everyday, that will help me because I eat a lot of "yeet hay" food, then you're wrong in that assumption. too much "leung Cha" is bad for you. Chinese medicine is always about bringing balance not evening things out.

( )( ԅ(⌣ԅ)
    Basically deep fried, oily food are the biggest cause of 'yeet hay'