Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoman View Post
    NIJI Show
    Oh, haha thats what he was talking about

Banana
    NIJI Show
    yeah... it is japanese not Korean I think. I don't speak the words, so I don't know.

Banana
    NIJI Show
    Phantoman, can I install your firmware to test if it make any different on my box? Also, I want to try those TVB Movie channel if you don't mind. Thank you.

Foblet
    There is currently a sales promotion offered by the TVpad official website:

When you buy two TVpad units or more, a wireless network card will be given for free for each unit. Buy 10 TVpad units or more and you will get 1 TVpad unit extra for free + the free network card for each unit.

Promotion period: from 15 July -15 August (Beijing time)

Super FOB
    Quote Originally Posted by negobus View Post
    Phantoman, can I install your firmware to test if it make any different on my box? Also, I want to try those TVB Movie channel if you don't mind. Thank you.
    Sorry, I stopped sharing the firmware for now. Go here if you want to stay up-to-date on the hacking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JVC888 View Post
    There is currently a sales promotion offered by the TVpad official website:

When you buy two TVpad units or more, a wireless network card will be given for free for each unit. Buy 10 TVpad units or more and you will get 1 TVpad unit extra for free + the free network card for each unit.

Promotion period: from 15 July -15 August (Beijing time)
    Waw, who will buy 10 TVPads ??? I guess only resellers.

Banana
    Hi everyone Ive been following this thread for a while and do want to buy one but was waiting for the firmware 3.0 to be released. Is it worth the wait and also from what people mention on this thread apps will disappear and new ones created on a regular basis so do owners have to check for new apps on a regular basis? thanks in advance.

By the way, do you guys think its cheaper to buy one or two at once usign the $30 code?
    Last edited by scmmmff; 07-15-2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: additional question I forgot to ask.

Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by scmmmff View Post
    Hi everyone Ive been following this thread for a while and do want to buy one but was waiting for the firmware 3.0 to be released. Is it worth the wait and also from what people mention on this thread apps will disappear and new ones created on a regular basis so do owners have to check for new apps on a regular basis? thanks in advance.

By the way, do you guys think its cheaper to buy one or two at once usign the $30 code?
    There is no need to wait for 3.0 to come out. Since upgrading the firmware is really easy, so when 3.0 comes out you will just need to download the upgrade file and upgrade the box (it's just like installing an app, VERY EASY).

As with apps, they do bring out new apps occasionally but this is not a very frequent thing. So you might just want to check the official forum once a week/2 to see if there is anything new out.

I believe they are doing a sale at the moment (end on 15th August) as mentioned above. If you buy two at once you can get a free wireless adapter (worth $35USD) for each box. So if you don't want to use wireless/ already have wireless adapters, I think it's better to buy them separately.
    Last edited by jason13863; 07-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Banana
    Thanks for the quick reply Jason. I will probably buy the two but there doesnt appear to be any mention of free wireless usb adapters for buying two. Is there a code required for this?

Foblet
    Waw, who will buy 10 TVPads ??? I guess only resellers.
    Yes, I think mostly for resellers. But people can also start a group buy and share the discount together.

Quote Originally Posted by scmmmff View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Jason. I will probably buy the two but there doesnt appear to be any mention of free wireless usb adapters for buying two. Is there a code required for this?
    There is not any specific code for the free wireless adapters. The sales promotion has been mentioned in the official Chinese TVpad forum.

Banana
    If you have an android device (like a tablet) is it possible to install the apps and recieve the channels via that? Or must you buy a TVpad?

I've just started looking into a TVpad, but as my router is on a different level to the main TV, I don't want to be running a LAN cable through the house. How is the wireless adapter connected? Is it USB or a LAN wireless adapter needed? And does this impact the quality/speed?

Thanks

Foblet
    Quote Originally Posted by lextar View Post
    If you have an android device (like a tablet) is it possible to install the apps and recieve the channels via that? Or must you buy a TVpad?

I've just started looking into a TVpad, but as my router is on a different level to the main TV, I don't want to be running a LAN cable through the house. How is the wireless adapter connected? Is it USB or a LAN wireless adapter needed? And does this impact the quality/speed?

Thanks
    I think I can answer this one for Phantoman........

The TVPad is NOT an Android device.
    It runs on Linux.
    So you cannot run the TVPad apps on any android device.

Just buy the TVpad and look into getting a powerline ethernet kit. I think the kit is as cheap as a wireless router nowadays.

Many newbies don't bother taking a little time to read the info on this thread <----(cool icon!!!)......lol

Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by hawai View Post
    I think I can answer this one for Phantoman........

The TVPad is NOT an Android device.
    It runs on Linux.
    So you cannot run the TVPad apps on any android device.

Just buy the TVpad and look into getting a powerline ethernet kit. I think the kit is as cheap as a wireless router nowadays.

Many newbies don't bother taking a little time to read the info on this thread <----(cool icon!!!)......lol
    Unfortunately the powerline kit won't help me as it doesn't work in this house (never got into why, but its the reason why I have the router on the first floor rather than the ground).

And 30 pages is a lot to go through

Banana
    Have anyone also problems with 粵海寛頻 and Hitv lately?? Many channels like TVB Jade, Jade HD, ATV are not connecting, only a few of them is working. The speed stays at 0-10 kps and its not buffering. The problems start at 09:00PM UK Time almost every day since last week.

Banana
    Hello, I got TVPad and I have a problem. I'm using HDML video and I was clicking around trying to get this TVPad to work, I clicked settings and clicked video then found composite video and clicked it not knowing what it was.. now when I try to open TVPad it's not opening at all. It should come up settings and app manager. Please help?

Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    Hello, I got TVPad and I have a problem. I'm using HDML video and I was clicking around trying to get this TVPad to work, I clicked settings and clicked video then found composite video and clicked it not knowing what it was.. now when I try to open TVPad it's not opening at all. It should come up settings and app manager. Please help?
    Try pressing F1 twice and wait 2 minutes for TVpad to reboot. If that doesn't work check other steps on my support forum.

http://clubtvpad.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

Banana

Wifi Adapter

I know that LAN cable should be faster..

I am just wanna clarify again.. If i connect my my unit with TVPAD compatible wifi adapter N 300 Mbps, which one should be faster ?

Cheers

Banana
    Got my answer from Internet, anyway can confirm below ?

300mbps 802.11N is half-duplex, so it's at most 150mbps each way. Throwing in overhead and interference, real world speeds may be 80/80.

100mbps Ethernet will out preform 802.11n most of the time.

Banana
    I have a quick question, when I try to watch mkv videos via sd card on the tvpad the subtitles doesn't show up. I was wondering if anyone can help me or have any knowledge of this issue?