+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
    Foblet
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFan3000 View Post
    Wooow Awesome!... but this is only for root tvpad?
    Just tested it and my tvpad isn't rooted. Works on any TVpad with 2.72 firmware.

Super FOB
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMoFo View Post
    Will this work with both M121 and M121s?
    As far as I know, none of the M121 apps will work on the M121S, because they changed the package version/format.

Banana
    Forgive me for going OT to the maige side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by hawai View Post
    Hey Superhan.

It's been a week since you ordered. Have you received your Maige TV yet? I am eagerly waiting for your results
    I am really curious if any of the users who have bought this box have got the ipad or PC viewing working ??

I did some research over the weekend about the Maige TV.
    I think I might know what the device is. It seems the Maige TV is a satellite receiver. This might explain why the picture quality is in clear HD, and why there is a program list for each channel. The origin of the satellite dish and the original satellite receiver is somewhere in China. The dish is pointing to a satellite that is giving a feed to Hong Kong.
    Here is a LINK of some of the different satellite IPTVs. It is good because we have a lot of options now.
    Here is the LINK of the Maige TV satellie IPTV.
    I had to use Google Translate for these links.

Back about 2 years ago, there were these satellite boxes here in the United States that did the same thing. The boxes I remembered were called Viewsat and Coolsat, but there were also more that I can't remember. You would buy one of these boxes and connect it to the internet. The boxes would then connect to the original satellite receiver that is connected to the satellite dish. Whatever channels the original subscriber has on his receiver, is what you get to watch on your box. So the more channels that the original subscriber pays for, the more channels everyone connected to his box gets to watch. In return, everyone pays a monthly fee of $10. The quality of these channels were very good.
    I now understand why the Maige TV has to charge an annual fee. I think it is worth the money.

I hope some of you understand what i just explained

Just checked, and they added more TVB channels.
    The maige box isnt a 'sat box' as much as its a IPTV box and they are streaming sat channels.

The description above (viewsat and coolbox) sounds like the dreambox (openbox many clones) systems. These recieve a regular satellite feed from a dish, and then simply use the internet to query a single access card for many many boxes. This way the only data that passes over the internet is a very few bytes of card decrypt codes. This of course doesnt need high bandwidth but does mean you have to be under the foot print of the sat.

If maige TV info is better in a new thread maybe continue here ??

http://www.popularasians.com/forum/s...24#post1011924

Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by hawai View Post
    The PC and IPad version works pretty good also.
    I am really interested in this feature.. As I already use a HTPC and a boxee box that can airplay streams from ipads.

Would love to hear more.

Banana
    Just want to let everyone know that the only difference between TVpad M121 and M121s is new firmware 3.0 and new chipset TCC8902. So the 2 devices are identical in hardware besides the chipset. The newer chipset has 3D graphic support but the speed of the cpu is the same at 800mhz.

You can read more about it here

Banana

New Vietnamese app NamTV for M121s

Just posted new video demo of NamTV app for Vietnamese channels for TVpad.

http://clubtvpad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=160

Banana
    hi everyone. i just bought a tvpad over the weekend, and the connection has been established. im using a powerline adapter but it seems that the tvpad has issues establishing connection automatically when i turn it on... i always get the monitors with the exclamation mark at the bottom
    right corner... even when i wait for a minute or two for it to connect, it doesnt... so itll have to go into the setup everytime to manually even though ive chosen automatic connection... any help anyone can suggest?? i would really appreciate some advice...

km1
    Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by lai3melis View Post
    hi everyone. i just bought a tvpad over the weekend, and the connection has been established. im using a powerline adapter but it seems that the tvpad has issues establishing connection automatically when i turn it on... i always get the monitors with the exclamation mark at the bottom
    right corner... even when i wait for a minute or two for it to connect, it doesnt... so itll have to go into the setup everytime to manually even though ive chosen automatic connection... any help anyone can suggest?? i would really appreciate some advice...
    I've had the same issue and someone else as well. The only solutions are:

1. Don't turn it off (standby, red led is on) and leave it on the main menu screen.
    2. Never exit to the main before going into standby. That way when you hit the on button it still has the IP address from before.
    3. Turn it off at the main when you are done. When its turn on from the main during startup it will ask for a new IP address.

Banana
    thanks for the advice! when u say dont turn it off, u mean leave the green light on right?

Banana
    I've had the same issue...who can help me ??

uslacker99
    Does the powerline adaptor connect through wifi or network cable? If it's a network cable, I can't help you. If it's a wifi and you're on 2.72 or lower, I could. I wrote a small fix that gets around this issue.

Foblet
    I dont why my TVPad is getting very slow to load, up to a minute to load up to the main APP screen, something I have noticed lately. Anyone experience something like this at all after months of usage?
    車痴

Banana
    The pad takes the normal time to load up so no real change there.

However, my parents have been using this in the last few days and have told me that whichever app they use if they watch for 15 - 30 mins the screen locks up and the only way to get it going again is to switch it off by powering down to the red light and then switching the power socket off and on again.

Is that normal or do I have a faulty machine?

Super FOB
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M View Post
    I dont why my TVPad is getting very slow to load, up to a minute to load up to the main APP screen, something I have noticed lately. Anyone experience something like this at all after months of usage?
    Nope, never had this issue before. Can you remove the microSD card and any USB devices before powering on to see if it makes any difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by scmmmff View Post
    The pad takes the normal time to load up so no real change there.

However, my parents have been using this in the last few days and have told me that whichever app they use if they watch for 15 - 30 mins the screen locks up and the only way to get it going again is to switch it off by powering down to the red light and then switching the power socket off and on again.

Is that normal or do I have a faulty machine?
    Are we talking VOD or live streams ? Also check if the TVPad is very warm to touch. Maybe a case of overheating ?

novadragon849
    Is there a way to watch the UK version of TVB on the tvpad? It's called TVB Europe. Sometimes its better to watch shows in your own timezone instead of hong kong timezone which is 7/8 hours faster than the uk....

Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoman View Post
    Nope, never had this issue before. Can you remove the microSD card and any USB devices before powering on to see if it makes any difference ?

Are we talking VOD or live streams ? Also check if the TVPad is very warm to touch. Maybe a case of overheating ?

the only solution for you is that your are making a deal with the tvpad team.

so they pay for your tvb europe subscription but you need to upload the 5 channels to there servers :p

Banana
    No overheating. Just wondering if this was normal behaviour with other people.

Super FOB
    Quote Originally Posted by novadragon849 View Post
    Is there a way to watch the UK version of TVB on the tvpad? It's called TVB Europe. Sometimes its better to watch shows in your own timezone instead of hong kong timezone which is 7/8 hours faster than the uk....
    Looks like superhan quoted the wrong post But yeah, I have never ever ever ever seen any streams of TVBS-E (The Chinese Channel). If there was a stream available online you could use the Phanto app to add it to the TVPad. There will a TVB channel on the TVPad which is going to be delayed by 12 hours, but that's mostly for US people. Nothing for Europeans as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by scmmmff View Post
    No overheating. Just wondering if this was normal behaviour with other people.
    That's the reason I was asking if they were seeing this with Video-On-Demand (VOD) apps or the live stream apps. There have been some problems with the 港粤快看 (Quick Look TVB) App lately, but it appears to have been fixed since yesterday or so.