+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Foblet
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoman View Post
    So I assume in the settings you changed it to HDMI output which is when you are getting this "not supported" message ? In that case, can you try it on another TV ? For example at a friend's or family's house ? I assume your TV supports 720p right ?
    If the tv has hdmi input it must at least support hd ready so I don't think the problem is the tv, try to change the video output settings. Try it on another tv isn't a bad idea though.

Foblet
    The tvpads have arrived
    (tuesday dispatched, today arrived DHL to the Netherlands.)
    But, GODVERDOMME! They charged me 28euros taxes

First impression is good, there are 3 apps providing tvb steaming and yes the best is Lilly, but its still a bit laggy.

Super FOB
    I guess we all learned a lesson from you. Order them 1 by 1 like JoeyFan3000

I am still monitoring the streams a bit more before ordering any additional units.

Banana
    I guess we all learned a lesson from you. Order them 1 by 1 like JoeyFan3000

I am still monitoring the streams a bit more before ordering any additional units.
    Are the streams still laggy? Hm, should i order one or wait for a while.. I don't want to end up buying something useless...

@ goofnerd: i think 28 euro tax is still okay, i expected even more (i'm from Belgium )

Foblet
    Btw, I just saw some tv models doesn't work with the tvpad. Why is this??

Super FOB
    Quote Originally Posted by goofnerd View Post
    Btw, I just saw some tv models doesn't work with the tvpad. Why is this??
    Oh yeah, I seem to remember this. Maybe that's what lumgy's problem is above. Do you have the list of TVs which are not supported ? I can then put it in the FAQ.

EDIT: Found it! -以下型號電視機為專有傳輸協定,暫不支援使用TVpad,請仔細核對自己的電視機型號,以免盲 目訂購導致 無法使用:shape LC-65D64U;shape LC-52D64U ;Samsung ua55b6000 ;sony 32EX400; Modified Google Translation: Due to the usage of proprietary transmission protocol, the following TV models are not supported by TVPad. Please carefully check your TV model to prevent disappointement: Sharp LC-65D64U; Sharp LC-52D64U; Samsung ua55b6000; Sony 32EX400;
    Last edited by Phantoman; 03-30-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Super FOB
    Looks like they increased the resolution of TVB HD on the Lily TV app. It's now really 720p resolution instead of being upscaled. Still seems to hang/pause for me though. What about you guys ?

Banana
    have you check also the normaal TVB HK is also look much better ??

Banana
    Looks like they increased the resolution of TVB HD on the Lily TV app. It's now really 720p resolution instead of being upscaled. Still seems to hang/pause for me though. What about you guys ?
    haha i thought it looked better now, definity an improvement

Super FOB
    Well I just tested it and TVB (HD) is unwatchable on the TVPad with the Lily TV app. I can't get even 3 seconds of constant playback. On my PC it plays better though ... hmmmm. So phucker (somehow I have dificulties saying your name ), where are you based again ? In America, Europe or Asia ?

Banana
    Hi guys,
    I just received my tvpad today. I connected it with the av cable on my old tv. But all i got is a black screen. No menu etc.. to see.
    Later I tried to connect it to my lcd monitor with a hdmi 2 dvi cable. But the monitor just went in sleep mode (no signal).
    I chat with a guy from the company. He just said to keep plugging/unplugging the av cable till i see a menu.(Still black screen)
    The guy i chat with said it's normal it wouldn't work on my monitor because it's no a tv. (???)
    I don't really believe this. I should at least have some display, i think.
    Has anyone tried to connect the tvpad with hdmi to dvi cable to a lcd monitor?
    Does anyone has any suggestions or the same problem?

I have a few days to open a refund/dispute ticket to sent the package back and get back my money.

Foblet
    Quote Originally Posted by milamber View Post
    Hi guys,
    I just received my tvpad today. I connected it with the av cable on my old tv. But all i got is a black screen. No menu etc.. to see.
    Later I tried to connect it to my lcd monitor with a hdmi 2 dvi cable. But the monitor just went in sleep mode (no signal).
    I chat with a guy from the company. He just said to keep plugging/unplugging the av cable till i see a menu.(Still black screen)
    The guy i chat with said it's normal it wouldn't work on my monitor because it's no a tv. (???)
    I don't really believe this. I should at least have some display, i think.
    Has anyone tried to connect the tvpad with hdmi to dvi cable to a lcd monitor?
    Does anyone has any suggestions or the same problem?

I have a few days to open a refund/dispute ticket to sent the package back and get back my money.
    If the TVpad is set for HDMI, it will not work with AV cable. I'm not surprised that it will not work with your HDMI monitor, since Phantoman posted the incompatible TV's earlier this morning.

I suggest taking the TVpad to a friend's house and use their HDMI TV to switch the video output settings to AV. Keep in mine the best video resolution you will get using AV is 480p. You can get a cheap 32 inch LCD TV for about $250 bucks....at least you'll get HD!

Banana
    iam from california.. well i haven't test it throughout the day just the morning before work. ill test it a little more tomorrow

Foblet
    Oh yeah, I seem to remember this. Maybe that's what lumgy's problem is above. Do you have the list of TVs which are not supported ? I can then put it in the FAQ.

EDIT: Found it! -以下型號電視機為專有傳輸協定,暫不支援使用TVpad,請仔細核對自己的電視機型號,以免盲 目訂購導致 無法使用:shape LC-65D64U;shape LC-52D64U ;Samsung ua55b6000 ;sony 32EX400; Modified Google Translation: Due to the usage of proprietary transmission protocol, the following TV models are not supported by TVPad. Please carefully check your TV model to prevent disappointement: Sharp LC-65D64U; Sharp LC-52D64U; Samsung ua55b6000; Sony 32EX400;
    No I don't have any of the above listed models, I just saw it at the orderform. A videosignal is a videosignal, why some models doesn't work?

Btw, tvb streaming was stopped yesterday during the hk primetime. According to the tvpad forum more ppl got the same problem the last days during primetime, but not everyone (someone got super smoothly lily streams)

此次粤语节目卡的问题,我们分别与运营商粤海宽频和HITV做了沟通,他们的内容商属于同一渠道,此次他们 更换了新的发布技术,新的发布技术是以后提高节目清晰度的基础。但新技术也需要市场体验环境,这两天他们一 直在关注这个问题,因为不是每个地方都会卡,今天修改了发布参数,问题已经得到初步解决。不过还希望大家继 续观察,
    有问题可以反馈。我相信TVpadfans的各位友人、TVpad和TVpad上的运营商一起努力,TVp ad的用户体验将会越来越好,感谢大家的支持!
    粤海宽频 and HITV are usign the same streamingsevers, tvpad has contacted them and the last days they have upgraded their servers and now doing finetuning. They need more time because not everyone is facing problems, but the first stadium is completed and seems like the streams is improved now and will monitoring customers reports to do more improvements.

Banana
    An update.
    I connected it to a hdmi tv. Got it working. Some stuttering.
    So i guess the default setting is on HDMI. Haven't tried setting it to AV yet.
    Had to figure out the chinese characters. Is there an english menu?

The 8gb card i received can't be read in Windows. Windows just want to format it for first use.
    Is this normal or is is my card defect?

Foblet
    An update.
    I connected it to a hdmi tv. Got it working. Some stuttering.
    So i guess the default setting is on HDMI. Haven't tried setting it to AV yet.

The 8gb card i received can't be read in Windows. Windows just want to format it for first use.
    If you got TVpad M121 with firmware 2.70, there is an option to select english or chinese. If you got firmware 2.60 or below, there is no english at all. The 8gb TF card is formated by the device in linux ext format. I wouldn't mess with it and just leave it in the device for buffering.

Super FOB

Mine came already preset to English. Maybe someone can give you the exact steps to navigate the Chinese menu to find out which firmware you have and if needed also how to change your menu to English.

I just updated the FAQ. So see the last question in the FAQ on the main page if you really need to access the microSD card.

Foblet

Firmware 2.62 for M120 and M121

Hey guys, Club TVpad just tested firmware 2.62. When did TVpad release this update? Where can people get it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast