• We've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

How to make an origami rose

-Tisken-

there are already a lot of tutorial out there,
but ive decided to make my own one for you guys ~

valentine's day is coming ! you want to give ya gf (or bf -cool)
a self-made rose? ill show ya ! but its not easy !
actually its the most difficult origami ive known so far....

but if you really want to learn, im sure you can do it ! !

good luck

DSC_1124.jpg

[video=youtube;Ra6eeIE4kjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra6eeIE4kjE"[/video]

Thanks!
Making an origami rose is really hard!
It took me like 3 hours for this :p

yea its very hard.... it took me like 2 hours only watching those tutorials on youtube.... but at the end i did it ! :D
but it was few years ago... haha... i was like origami addicted during that time.... xD

This is actually my 1st time making an origami and I must say, I did quite alright... I might get addicted to it
I watched both your tutorial and the another tutorial and I made one out of a printer paper -_-

I think this year, I'll probably make a bunch and put it in a box and inside with a gift, that's the plan at least, but making one took me an hr, and I think the fastest I could make it probably 30-45 min ea so FUUUUUU

BTW, this is the result of a 1st timer, so if I can do it, anyone can...

ngal47.jpg

^ awww to-dai jai...so cuteee....dun forget to use colored paper...^^

^
Thanks si-fu!!!

Yea, I had to mark the paper top and bottom b/c at one point I got confuse... roflmao

lol, went a bit berserk with making these that im now trying to make roses with different paper i find... but for some reason, none of the ones i make seem to be any better than my first red rose :S hoping to make many many more with many different paper of differing patterns and colours :)

SL380293.jpg
SL380292.jpg

Easier than watching videos.

I found a site for making this rose (the Kawasaki rose). It's a very nice site with pictures for each step and a video for some of the harder ones. It's in Japanese, but if you have internet explorer you can translate the page. Yellow lines are valley folds, Green lines are mountain folds. The tutorial comes in 3 sections.The first image in each section will show what you'll start with at that section and what you'll end with. The pictures are buttons for going to the previous and next step, it's pretty easy to navigate.

http://www.fukuyama-th.hiroshima-c.ed.jp/link/oribara/index.html

EDIT: There's a little bit more in the way of instructions on the site, but I think it makes for a better looking rose.

I made that same rose in the video a few years back. Just to let you know though that you can also make a petal section (I think its called a calyx) and a stem section and fit them all together to make a proper paper rose.

I had problems making the stem part though, because it is just confusing to make

does anyone know how to make roses with those umm...mesh fabric, if you know what i mean? it's kind of like tulle?

I made that same rose in the video a few years back. Just to let you know though that you can also make a petal section (I think its called a calyx) and a stem section and fit them all together to make a proper paper rose.

I had problems making the stem part though, because it is just confusing to make

what does this stem look like? i made the calyx but cant find the stem... either that or im not trying very hard :p

I found a site for making this rose (the Kawasaki rose). It's a very nice site with pictures for each step and a video for some of the harder ones. It's in Japanese, but if you have internet explorer you can translate the page. Yellow lines are valley folds, Green lines are mountain folds. The tutorial comes in 3 sections.The first image in each section will show what you'll start with at that section and what you'll end with. The pictures are buttons for going to the previous and next step, it's pretty easy to navigate.

http://www.fukuyama-th.hiroshima-c.ed.jp/link/oribara/index.html

EDIT: There's a little bit more in the way of instructions on the site, but I think it makes for a better looking rose.

ok... i had a go at making the kawasaki rose and here it is... well... two structures of it... care to tell me which you people think is better... red or yellow...

SL380314.jpg

SL380317.jpg
SL380316.jpg

You mean something like this?
SL380319.jpg
SL380320.jpg

Back