1. Due to a certain user cat fishing the site, we've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

The TVPad Knowledge Center

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Member

Will this work with both M121 and M121s?

2. JoeyFan3000

JoeyFan3000 Member

Wooow Awesome!... but this is only for root tvpad?

3. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Member

Just tested it and my tvpad isn't rooted. Works on any TVpad with 2.72 firmware.

4. Phantoman

Phantoman Member

As far as I know, none of the M121 apps will work on the M121S, because they changed the package version/format.

5. ThaiTanic

ThaiTanic New Member

I am really interested in this feature.. As I already use a HTPC and a boxee box that can airplay streams from ipads.

Would love to hear more.

6. toyznmore4u

toyznmore4u New Member

Just want to let everyone know that the only difference between TVpad M121 and M121s is new firmware 3.0 and new chipset TCC8902. So the 2 devices are identical in hardware besides the chipset. The newer chipset has 3D graphic support but the speed of the cpu is the same at 800mhz.

You can read more about it here

7. toyznmore4u

toyznmore4u New Member

8. lai3melis

lai3melis New Member

hi everyone. i just bought a tvpad over the weekend, and the connection has been established. im using a powerline adapter but it seems that the tvpad has issues establishing connection automatically when i turn it on... i always get the monitors with the exclamation mark at the bottom
    right corner... even when i wait for a minute or two for it to connect, it doesnt... so itll have to go into the setup everytime to manually even though ive chosen automatic connection... any help anyone can suggest?? i would really appreciate some advice...

9. km1

km1 New Member

I've had the same issue and someone else as well. The only solutions are:

1. Don't turn it off (standby, red led is on) and leave it on the main menu screen.
    2. Never exit to the main before going into standby. That way when you hit the on button it still has the IP address from before.
    3. Turn it off at the main when you are done. When its turn on from the main during startup it will ask for a new IP address.

10. lai3melis

lai3melis New Member

thanks for the advice! when u say dont turn it off, u mean leave the green light on right?

11. bigbluesky

bigbluesky New Member

I've had the same issue...who can help me ??

12. uslacker99

uslacker99 New Member

Does the powerline adaptor connect through wifi or network cable? If it's a network cable, I can't help you. If it's a wifi and you're on 2.72 or lower, I could. I wrote a small fix that gets around this issue.

13. ///M

///M Member

I dont why my TVPad is getting very slow to load, up to a minute to load up to the main APP screen, something I have noticed lately. Anyone experience something like this at all after months of usage?

14. scmmmff

scmmmff New Member

The pad takes the normal time to load up so no real change there.

However, my parents have been using this in the last few days and have told me that whichever app they use if they watch for 15 - 30 mins the screen locks up and the only way to get it going again is to switch it off by powering down to the red light and then switching the power socket off and on again.

Is that normal or do I have a faulty machine?

15. Phantoman

Phantoman Member

Nope, never had this issue before. Can you remove the microSD card and any USB devices before powering on to see if it makes any difference ?

Are we talking VOD or live streams ? Also check if the TVPad is very warm to touch. Maybe a case of overheating ?

16. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Member

did anyone buy tvpad4?

17. tonkachi

tonkachi Active Member

the tvpad 4 is pretty much the same as the other versions just a newer proc and a little more ram because it runs faster than my tvpad2.

18. Argos

Argos New Member

My parents have a Tvpad 2, and they held back from getting a 3 since it didn't seem like much of an upgrade. Is there enough new things on Tvpad 4 that warrants the purchase? Any new features?

19. iptvkings

iptvkings New Member

www.tvpad.us IPTVKINGS has been the go-to destination for all things IPTV. You count on us to provide expert advice on an incredible selection of the latest IPTV, and accessories Plus our multi-brand offering, including Tvpad, Moonbox, H-tv and Weltv means that you can expect an honest, unbiased opinion that will help you stay ahead of the wave.

20. Dragnx

Dragnx New Member

IPTVKINGS have nothing in the link.