• We've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

Kevin Cheng as KOO YU-CHEUNG

i dun think kevin cheng suits the character. he's not tat kind of KUNGFU ppl with a small body(even Ma Kwok Ming suits the KUNGFU ppl) . they shud hv find some1 else like donnie yen.

occ

he look the part to me in real life most kungfu master are what 5'2-5'5, the villian son is the one that does not look or act as a kungfu dude look at his kungfu stand very nerdy funny (if you watch Connan Obrien you know what i mean).

ab289

haha .. why would Donnie even spend such long duration to make series when he can make more with a shorter duration making movies?? the duration to make a series ... he'll probably be able to make min 4 movies.

KaY_xD

但願人長久,千里共嬋娟
the fact is that there's hardly anyone similar Donnie Yen in TVB, even if there is (like Derek Kwok), there's a limited amount of actors who are considered to be leads (siu seng), and actually older than Kenneth Ma (Kevin Cheng is about 3/4 yrs older than him in real life, so it works). He's doing pretty good this time actually

xaznxryux

no one "young" in TVB knows actual Kung Fu...kevin fits the role cuz he looks like the type of guy going out for revenge...perfect example...last year's series with him and yoyo mung and derek kwok...forgot the name

another option i would choose Ron Ng...Ron Ng in my opinion is a better actor than Kevin and also have that vengeful look
no one in this series is really convincing in terms of REAL KUNG FU except Yuen Qiu

i personally think that either Ron Ng or Raymond Lam will suit the role better.

KaY_xD

但願人長久,千里共嬋娟
i personally think that either Ron Ng or Raymond Lam will suit the role better.

the thing is that Ron & Raymond are both younger than Kenneth Ma XD it wont make sense lol, they even look younger than Kenneth Ma

xaznxryux

age wise i wont choose Ron or Ray...but in terms of "vengeful look" or any of those crap...Ray Lam doesnt have that...Ron on the other hand does, so i rather choose ron over ray...kevin still over ray

i would say that kevin is not doing a bad job and to say that he is to petite to be a kong fu master.... is wrong man i mean the most chinese people were small in that age of time....

xaznxryux

i would say that kevin is not doing a bad job and to say that he is to petite to be a kong fu master.... is wrong man i mean the most chinese people were small in that age of time....
nope, Ip Man was a petite man, you dont have to be big to be a kung fu master...depends on what style you do too

negiqboyz

Kevin failed miserably in this series regardless of how hard he tried .. Kenneth on the hand might give be a bit better than him. I don't know they arranged all these roles in HK TVB .. obviously not audition for it based on the actors and actresses. When you do martial art series .. the physical appearance is as important as the acting ability.

xaznxryux

well its not like TVB can get any real young martial artist...Yuen Qiu was the best they can get and to be honest i was quite disappointed she didnt have much fight scenes

Gordon Liu, Lau Gar Yan are both excellent martial artist but a bit too old...

LOL, i never thought kevin can act at all. Maybe it's just me, his acting never sinks into any series I see him in. I'm still scratching my head, wondering how he won best actor few years ago.