• We've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

The Life And Times of A Sentinel - 紫禁驚雷

turbobenx

^ yea, i kno i said it before, but these royal theme is getting me, and many other audiences sick.... WE WANT GONG-WU SHITS!!!!.

ralphrepo

^ yea, i kno i said it before, but these royal theme is getting me, and many other audiences sick.... WE WANT GONG-WU SHITS!!!!.
I agree with you on that!! :)
So, who's holding a gun to your head to download any of it?

Frankly, I just love these period dramas; it gets to reinforce a bit of Chinese history by fleshing out the dynasties that people don't ever get a chance to see otherwise (artistic license not withstanding). The fact that TVB spent millions in creation of an artificial period city to shoot these offerings means that they certainly think that audiences will continue to be receptive to these things for years to come.

IMHO, that's a really good thing ;)

So, who's holding a gun to your head to download any of it?

Frankly, I just love these period dramas; it gets to reinforce a bit of Chinese history by fleshing out the dynasties that people don't ever get a chance to see otherwise (artistic license not withstanding). The fact that TVB spent millions in creation of an artificial period city to shoot these offerings means that they certainly think that audiences will continue to be receptive to these things for years to come.

IMHO, that's a really good thing ;)

i agree with ralphrepo...i enjoy these dramas about our history...its not a lot...but it's better than nothing??

brown_bear

☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆
well like they say ya either like these ancient ones or ya dont...

i likey watching these for the costumes....anddd theyre so muchy harder to film...
with the weather and wearing the outfits anddd they old chin they all have to practice..=]

envizion

rather they divert some of those millions for better actor/actresses. i find some of the old supporting actors/actresses are better than the mains. tvb definitely lacking talents with everyone going to mainland.

TVB hasn't never being 100% historically accurate, still, this is a decent series so far, enjoying it just that bit more than lives.

I like the series so far. It's interesting. As usual Steven is great in ancient series and I think Kenneth is doing a good job as well as the villain. I don't agree with his methods but I do understand why he is so ambitious. I'm waiting for the final showdown.