• We've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

The TVPad Knowledge Center

dreamyip

hawai.... did you buy the Maige TV? I just ordered mine... wondering how is the experience for the Maige TV owner so far...

hawai.... did you buy the Maige TV? I just ordered mine... wondering how is the experience for the Maige TV owner so far...
Hey dreamyip.
I didn't order it yet. I am going on a vacation, so I will buy it in August when I return.
From what I heard, the Maige TV is really good. It has the same quality as the satellite tv, like DirecTV and Dish Network.
The hong kong channels that are available in HD, are in true HD quality. There are a lot of those channels.

Someone else on this board (superhan) also ordered it . Maybe we should just start our own thread :D

The PC and IPad version works pretty good also.
Can I ask, where did you ordered it? Was it from alibaba?
One more thing, can you read chinese?
This is a big help for me and "superhan" because we can't read chinese.
We are trying to figure out how to pay the subscription.

dreamyip

Hawai,

Yes, I bought it from Alibaba but it is still not ship yet (after 3 days). I contacted the seller about membership fee after first year, I was advised to contact them when the first year membership is approaching the end. I guess the seller will somehow receive the payment from me and pay in China there.... I think it is a great idea to start a new thread. I can read Chinese but Magie TV web site doesn't tell you how to pay membership fee unless you have an account with them... and I don't have it yet.

Hey dreamyip.
I didn't order it yet. I am going on a vacation, so I will buy it in August when I return.
From what I heard, the Maige TV is really good. It has the same quality as the satellite tv, like DirecTV and Dish Network.
The hong kong channels that are available in HD, are in true HD quality. There are a lot of those channels.

Someone else on this board (superhan) also ordered it . Maybe we should just start our own thread :D

The PC and IPad version works pretty good also.
Can I ask, where did you ordered it? Was it from alibaba?
One more thing, can you read chinese?
This is a big help for me and "superhan" because we can't read chinese.
We are trying to figure out how to pay the subscription.

hi

i have a question too ????

how to make a account for there online forum ??

Maybe we should just start our own thread :D
It would indeed make more sense to have a separate thread. Just don't ask me to do it :)

hi

i have a question too ????

how to make a account for there online forum ??
Use Google Chrome and go to http://bbs.maige.tv/ (let it automatically translate all Chinese pages to English). After that click on the register button and follow the translated instructions.

[Release] Korean App Unlocker

Btw, we just released our first public app called Korea. This app removes the annoying warning message when playing Korean apps on the M120/M121 models.

It can be downloaded from here.

km1

TVB News channel on HITV and the other one has been very choppy in the last few days I noticed. Does anyone know if this has been reported yet?

[Release] Phanto app

We just released the Phanto app which allows you to define your own channel list on a USB flash drive. It can be downloaded from here.

TVB News channel on HITV and the other one has been very choppy in the last few days I noticed. Does anyone know if this has been reported yet?
reported 2 days ago and continuous appearing in the Chinese TVPad forum.... but still no improvement...
Check out the Phanto app. It has another TVB iNews channel which is working fine for me. Maybe that will change after more TVPad users start using it :)

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate the hard work all of you guys put into this app (Y)
Yeah I think I'll take a small break now :) I have so many movies/series to watch (started with Avengers animated series btw (Y) ), comics to read, other projects to finish, etc etc etc ... LOL

Oh for those who don't know, version 1.1 of the app has been released together with a new PhantoSD app which reads the channel list from the microSD card.

scmmmff

Managed to finally buy one and was safely delivered to me :)

I have played around for a couple of hours and had two main questions that I hope you guys can help me with. I have been through the thread and diidnt find an answer.

1 - is there a way to search for Cantonese only channels? My mum got it primarily to watch cantonese dubbed korean series but I have no idea how to find it.

2- how do you use the Favourite button on the control? I have tried goint to a channel and playing then pressign it then when I exit back to home (screen with all the apps) and press favourite I was expecting to see the list of channels again but this didnt work as I expected.

3 - I have used speedtest.com to test my broadband speed and its dl speed is at 30mb per sec but when I am streaming anything via the tvpad its anything from 250kps to 450kps. is this normal? I would have thought this would have been higher.

many thanks, scmmmff

Managed to finally buy one and was safely delivered to me :)

1 - is there a way to search for Cantonese only channels? My mum got it primarily to watch cantonese dubbed korean series but I have no idea how to find it.

2- how do you use the Favourite button on the control? I have tried goint to a channel and playing then pressign it then when I exit back to home (screen with all the apps) and press favourite I was expecting to see the list of channels again but this didnt work as I expected.

3 - I have used speedtest.com to test my broadband speed and its dl speed is at 30mb per sec but when I am streaming anything via the tvpad its anything from 250kps to 450kps. is this normal? I would have thought this would have been higher.

many thanks, scmmmff
1. 粵海寬頻 and HITV app have mostly Cantonese channels. Also, usually TVB Jade and J2 have cantonese dubbed korean series. I'm not sure whether you can find any cantonese dubbed korean series in the vod app.

2. Not sure about this, hope others can answer this.

3. It's normal. Depending on the channel you choose, It could go up to 1100kbps in the first few seconds before the channel starts.

1. ATV also has a few Cantonese dubbed Korean series if memory serves me right.

2. I believe the Favorite button only worked in the Movie Valley app no ? There is a Favorites section there. Maybe also in the new TVB VOD app.

3. These are not HD streams, so the stream bitrate that you are seeing is correct.

Tony

Might pick up one of these soon. What are the chances that some of these channels get cut later in the future?