• We've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

The TVPad Knowledge Center

Might pick up one of these soon. What are the chances that some of these channels get cut later in the future?
There is an high risk that some (or all) of these channels won't work anymore in the future. You can't expect to watch these channels forever.

People who have bought this device back in March, have been watching these channels for almost 5 months now. They almost got their investment back.

scmmmff

Thanks to JVC888 and Phantoman for their replies.

JVC888 - youre right, J2 does tend to have a lot of Catonese dubbed Korean/japanese dramas. I think I will try and scan Movie valley app and see if there are VOD drama series. The streaming is fine on 250-450kps so guess there was really no need to go above that.

Phantoman - thanks for the answers. They back up what JVC888 said.

Pictures of the M121s interface and the new apps that are coming:

The new apps are VOD apps. These apps offers China variety shows, China TV-series, old movies, news video's, health video's, children educational video's on demand. Not too interesting for me

Thanks JVC888 as always! But already saw this reported at Club Tvpad forum a few days ago. Those apps do look interesting tho. Do we really need another religion app? LOL

awslee

hawai.... did you buy the Maige TV? I just ordered mine... wondering how is the experience for the Maige TV owner so far...
I just got mine a day ago. Personally, I think TVPad's picture and quality is better. Maige works differently that there is no app. All channels are packaged together. One nice feature is that they have the EPG, so when you select the channel, it shows the programs, similar to Comcast's setup system. However, the color and interface is just UGLY.

The box starts faster than the TVPad and from what I can see, the programs also seems to load faster. Do not know what OS it uses, it does not have USB ports.

Will report more when I use it more.

dreamyip

I just got mine a day ago. Personally, I think TVPad's picture and quality is better. Maige works differently that there is no app. All channels are packaged together. One nice feature is that they have the EPG, so when you select the channel, it shows the programs, similar to Comcast's setup system. However, the color and interface is just UGLY.

The box starts faster than the TVPad and from what I can see, the programs also seems to load faster. Do not know what OS it uses, it does not have USB ports.

Great! My order has just been shipped, it will properly be deliver to me next week some time. It is strange to hear that TVPad's picture/quality is better because I thought Maige TV has more HD channels.... Please share more of your feedback after you watch it for few more days.

Great! My order has just been shipped, it will properly be deliver to me next week some time. It is strange to hear that TVPad's picture/quality is better because I thought Maige TV has more HD channels.... Please share more of your feedback after you watch it for few more days.
Thanks, I ordered one as well, should be in within a week or so hopefully.
Than I can compare it as well with the TVPAD.

Wow!!! I think that is about 4 posters so far that has ordered the Maige TV.
I can't wait to hear from dreamyip and kart_man_21 about their experience, especially the quality of all the HD channels.
Did all you guys ordered from Alibaba?
I'll be ordering mine in August.

Just saw on their site that the Maige TV added more channels. There is even one channel in 3-D........geez -what?. Is that even necessary?!?!?!?

The Maige TV is nothing more than a satellite receiver. That is why it boots up so fast and all the channels come with EPG and change faster.
There is no OS for these boxes. It is similar to your cable boxes or the satellite boxes you use for DirecTV or Dish Network.

I am also hoping that someone starts a Maige TV thread.
I would start it, but I just don't have time to keep updating the first post with Wiki info. Sorry guys -down.
Do you have time Phantoman, maybe just to start the thread?
You don't need to update it if you don't want to. I know you are a very busy man nowadays.

lol on the left side of the box there are 2X USB ports :p

you need to watch the channels with HD ouputs those are clearly much better then all TV Pad channels.

the SD channels are indeed not so good.

How does a guy who just joined this site 2 days ago start bashing the Maige TV?? <_<
And how in hell does he not see the USB ports? I mean there is 2 USBs, like Superhan says.
Do you work for Tvpad?
We are all here to help out each other....finding other and better options to watch HK TV.
I'll take Superhan words on his review.

You don't need to update it if you don't want to. I know you are a very busy man nowadays.
LOL, not even if you pay me! No way I will have the time to start another thread. Also I don't plan to buy the Maige TV for now anyway, so it does not make sense for me to start a thread about it.

How does a guy who just joined this site 2 days ago start bashing the Maige TV?? <_<
And how in hell does he not see the USB ports? I mean there is 2 USBs, like Superhan says.
Do you work for Tvpad?
We are all here to help out each other....finding other and better options to watch HK TV.
I'll take Superhan words on his review.
Makes you wonder if he really bought the Maige TV :) Someone (chungd) was mentioning yet another box on the clubtvpad forum:

http://www.vtektv.com/store/
ftp://vtektv.com/vtek_public/Vtek_Brochure_v2.pdf
ftp://vtektv.com/vtek_public/Web_Compilation_2012-05-22_Public.pdf

How many of these things exist without us knowing ?

I ordered directly at the guy from aliexpress, hopes it works oug.
Today have the tvpad as a test, and seems to work good, onlything is some channels keep at 10kb/s... so have to test of phantoms apps have better reception

How often dip you guys have . To update the packages? If this is often it might be not as suitable for my parents... otherwise i have to visit them to often :p

Wow!!! I think that is about 4 posters so far that has ordered the Maige TV.
I can't wait to hear from dreamyip and kart_man_21 about their experience, especially the quality of all the HD channels.
Did all you guys ordered from Alibaba?
I'll be ordering mine in August.

Just saw on their site that the Maige TV added more channels. There is even one channel in 3-D........geez -what?. Is that even necessary?!?!?!?

The Maige TV is nothing more than a satellite receiver. That is why it boots up so fast and all the channels come with EPG and change faster.
There is no OS for these boxes. It is similar to your cable boxes or the satellite boxes you use for DirecTV or Dish Network.

I am also hoping that someone starts a Maige TV thread.
I would start it, but I just don't have time to keep updating the first post with Wiki info. Sorry guys -down.

So who is going to create the Maige TV thread ?
Hey guys, if you like we can start a Maige section over at club tvpad. This way people can compare the 2 and find info for both system in one location. Hawai, dreamyip, awslee and Kartman can tag team to maintain the thread. Let me or Phantoman know and we can get that setup pretty quickly. thanks!

We had ours for a little over a month now and amazed at how much stuff there is to watch on it, only problem is my area has a crappy broadband speed LOL! and my chinese reading is limited so have to guess at most things. I am going to stroll over to the new forum to check it out, english forum is great :)

Sounds good, but first have to wait a bit, till i have the maige..

Hey guys, if you like we can start a Maige section over at club tvpad. This way people can compare the 2 and find info for both system in one location. Hawai, dreamyip, awslee and Kartman can tag team to maintain the thread. Let me or Phantoman know and we can get that setup pretty quickly. thanks!

awslee

2nd Day with the Maige, on Jade HD, the sound quality does not sound very good, feels like the treble is set too high, but not able to adjust it. They do have lots of Channels such as HK Cable TV programs (see their web site). The response is definitely faster but at the same time, many of their channels were under maintenance. Yesterday, they put up a notice referring to all subscription were extended for 60 days due to system realignment, so may be all my issues will go away soon, keeping my finger crossed

awslee

No, I do not work for TVPad, I will go home today and check again, I only checked the back of the box.

Yes, there is 2 USB ports on the side