• We've disabled all private messages. Please use the forums, thanks.

The TVPad Knowledge Center

awslee

The Maige TV is nothing more than a satellite receiver. That is why it boots up so fast and all the channels come with EPG and change faster.
There is no OS for these boxes. It is similar to your cable boxes or the satellite boxes you use for DirecTV or Dish Network.
ic, did not know it is a like a satellite receiver. So does that means Maige just relay the signal to the box from their server?

You can pre-order the TVpad M121S next week, it's coming sooner than expected.
Damn, that was fast!!!!!!
I swear i just bought my TVPad M121 only back in March. And that was the latest version. I paid $220 back then.
Sales are probably slowing down, so they need to put out a new version to reboot sales.
I guess it is a matter of time that they will stop support for the older models :ugh:

At this rate they will come out with more versions of TVPads than IPhones. A new version every 4 or 5 months is just ridiculous. Does that mean I need to spend another $220 pretty soon??? This is BS!!!!!

I wish Phantoman and everyone involved in the rooting and hacking of this damn device the best of luck. I appreciate all your hard work even more now. At least this way, we can all use this sucker until it completely dies out on us, beyond what the TVPad developers allows.

Paying for an annual subscription doesn't seem like a bad idea after all.

Damn, that was fast!!!!!!
I swear i just bought my TVPad M121 only back in March. And that was the latest version. I paid $220 back then.
Sales are probably slowing down, so they need to put out a new version to reboot sales.
I guess it is a matter of time that they will stop support for the older models :ugh:

The M121S is almost identical to the M121 (M121 was introduced about 8-9 months ago), they only put more memory ram in the M121S. I think current M121 owners can upgrade their firmware again in the future, so I don't think they will stop support for the older models at the moment.

Ho there, how does one change the channel within the 516 channel app? I see the list of channels that are suppose to be available through the app but once I launch it there is no menu.

Ho there, how does one change the channel within the 516 channel app? I see the list of channels that are suppose to be available through the app but once I launch it there is no menu.
You need to press the ... you guessed it! ... the MENU button :)

char

Can anyone link me to the latest firmware and how to install it? My mom bought the device early this year and the channels haven't been working or moved around since then. I can't read Chinese so going to the TVpad site isn't an option! And my mom isn't a technical person, so she can't help me >_<

Can anyone link me to the latest firmware and how to install it? My mom bought the device early this year and the channels haven't been working or moved around since then. I can't read Chinese so going to the TVpad site isn't an option! And my mom isn't a technical person, so she can't help me >_<
You can follow the instructions here.

I hate this thing... ever since my parents got this thing my internet speed is like shit whenever they are streaming :facepalm: i really wanna smash that thing LOL~

I hate this thing... ever since my parents got this thing my internet speed is like shit whenever they are streaming :facepalm: i really wanna smash that thing LOL~
Luckily I do not have that problem, otherwise I would have smashed that thing for sure :) The only problem I have is that I barely see my TV again.

I am trying to get 港粤快看 channel to work but nothing will play. I have firmware 2.7 do I need to upgrade to firmware 2.7.2 for it to work?

I am trying to get 港粤快看 channel to work but nothing will play. I have firmware 2.7 do I need to upgrade to firmware 2.7.2 for it to work?
Yes, you have to update to 2.72 before you can use the 港粤快看 app.

Below some video's about the M121S interface:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried to upgrade to 2.7.2 but it won't let me. I download the file creatent_usb_update_M121_3311_GVOS2, extract the file and put it in my USB card and when I tried to upgrade it says already upgraded. I am stuck!

I just tried to upgrade to 2.7.2 but it won't let me. I download the file creatent_usb_update_M121_3311_GVOS2, extract the file and put it in my USB card and when I tried to upgrade it says already upgraded. I am stuck!
You need to put the file "creatent_usb_update_M121_3311_GVOS2.tar" on your USB stick, or did you unzip that one to "creatent_usb_update_M121_3311_GVOS2" ?

You can just MAC filter it through the router when you need to go online.
As-in blocking the TVPad completely ??? In that case he is going to be the one being smashed by his parents :) You need to throttle the upload traffic from the TVPad instead through your router (assuming it has that option). It uses P2PTV kind of like torrents. That is probably killing your upload, thus also killing your download if you have ADSL.

Btw, here are some other videos from the M121s in English.

OMG! I've been trying to upgrade to 2.7.2 and it keeps saying that it is updated but its not. I've tried USB on Fat32 and NTSF tried on a USB and a external HD. Removed the microsd and unplug this and that and everything comes up "still 2.7" is there anyone who can help me?